- No prior programming experience is required! We’ll teach you everything you need to know.
- You need a Mac that is capable of running Xcode 9. Don’t worry; it’s a free download and we’ll show you how to install it!
- The ideal student is the type of person who learns best by doing, as the entire course is structured around hands-on practice.
If you’ve always dreamed of creating your own iPhone and iPad apps, then this is the course for you. This course is a comprehensive guide to learning how to build professional quality iOS apps using Swift, the hot, new programming language from Apple.
Throughout this course, you will learn from a team of experts from the most popular iOS development site on the Internet, through a series of over 200 hands-on tutorials. Learn by doing!
In this course, you will:
- Learn how to program in Swift 4 using Playgrounds
- Build your own apps using Storyboards and UIKit controls
- Master Scroll Views and Collection Views
- Leverage the power of Auto Layout and Adaptive Layout
- Persist your data with NSCoding and Core Data
- Delight your users with the beauty of Core Animation
- Connect to the web using NSURLSession
- Build your own back-ends using Firebase
- Work in team environments using git
- Supercharge your Xcode skills with Xcode Tips & Tricks
- And more!
Hands-On Tutorials from a Team of Experts
According to the 2017 StackOverflow Developer Survey, iOS developers earn an average of $100,000 per year, and Swift is in the top 5 most-popular programming languages. So if you’re looking for a fun and rewarding career, iOS and Swift development is where it’s at!
There’s no better way to learn than from the team behind the most popular iOS development site on the Internet, with over 21 million pageviews per year. We’ve helped thousands of developers learn how to make apps, start new careers, or create the next killer game. Many of our students now work at companies like Facebook, IBM, Capital One, and Amazon.
We believe the best way to learn is by doing, so our entire course is focused around hands-on tutorials and challenges. Best all, you aren’t just learning from one person — you’re learning from a massive team of iOS experts, who all share their battle-won advice with you.
Contents and Overview
Through a series of over 200 high-quality, hands-on tutorials, you’ll learn everything you need to know to create your own apps — even if you’re a complete beginner.
You’ll start the course with a bang by diving straight into your first app: an entertaining game called Bulls-Eye. You’ll then take a deep dive into the Swift 4 language itself and cover fundamental programming concepts such as variables, loops, and classes using fun and interactive Swift Playgrounds.
Once you’ve covered the basics, you’ll move into more advanced sessions that teach you all the skills you need to know to make professional iOS apps, including Table Views, Collection Views, Scroll Views, Auto Layout, Core Data, Animation, NSURLSession, Firebase, and much more.
In each lesson, you’ll follow along side-by-side with the instructors as you build your own apps. You’ll also get to test your knowledge with hands-on challenges and practice what you learned. The course content has been tailored exactly for you, the beginning developer, because you want to get up-to-speed as quickly as possible — without wasting time on unimportant details.
By the end of this course, you’ll be ready to create that amazing iOS app you’ve always dreamed of, submit it to the App Store, and show it off to your friends.
Enroll in iOS 11 and Swift 4 for Beginners today – we look forward to beginning your iOS adventure with you!
Who is the target audience?
- People who are absolute beginners to iOS 11 or Swift 4 development.
- People who are absolute beginners to programming in general.
- iOS developers who have learned the basics, but want to brush up on fundamental techniques like Auto Layout, Core Data, Animation, and Networking from a team of experts.
- This course is best-suited for students interested in learning how to become professional app developers. Advanced-level developers with multiple years of full-time app development experience will not be suited for this course.
Created by Ray Wenderlich, Brian Moakley, Caroline Begbie, Sam Davies, Michael Briscoe, Audrey Tam, Jessy Catterwaul, Catie Catterwaul
Last updated 2/2018
Size: 11.20 GB