- NodeJS installed.
- The entire course is done on a Mac – if you have a Windows PC, you will be responsible for adapting the information to that operating system.
The blockchain that you build in this course will have all of the following features:
- A proof of work algorithm to secure the network.
- Hashing algorithms to secure the data within the blockchain.
- The ability to mine (create) new blocks that contain data.
- The ability to create transactions and store them in blocks.
- An API/server that will be used to interact with the blockchain from the internet.
- It will be hosted on a decentralized blockchain network.
- A consensus algorithms to verify that the network nodes have valid data and are synchronized.
- A broadcasting system to keep the data in the blockchain network synchronized.
- Many other awesome features!…
When you have completed this course you will have built out your own blockchain prototype in code. You will have a thorough understanding of how blockchain technology actually works and why this technology is so secure and valuable. You will also have a deep understanding of how decentralized blockchain networks function and why decentralization is such an important feature for securing the blockchain. The whole process of storing, securing, and validating data/transactions on the blockchain will become very clear.
Who is the target audience?
- Anyone who wants to build their own Blockchain Prototype in code.
- Anyone who wants to learn how Blockchain Technology works under-the-hood.
- Anyone who wants to understand how the “decentralization” of blockchain actually works.
- Anyone who wants to gain a better understanding of why Blockchain Technology is valuable.
- Anyone who wants to learn how the code behind Blockchain Technology works.
Created by Eric Traub
Last updated 7/2018
Size: 5.27 GB