Complete coverage of Tableau Desktop features so you can build amazing data visualizations and dashboards.
What you’ll learn
- Understand how Tableau Desktop fits within the Tableau family of products
- Combine data sources for use by Tableau
- Connect to a variety of sources including flat files, databases and web services such as Google Analytics
- Understand data types and roles
- Use key operations in Tableau – filtering, sorting, grouping and creating sets
- Work with extracts (file formats used by Tableau)
- Build and format data visualizations
- Work with maps and location based data
- Create interactive dashboards by using parameters, calculations and actions
- Publish dashboards and visualizations
- The course covers Tableau Desktop product. Students should be familiar with basic data structures and have used similar tools, such as excel, to manipulate and analyse data and produce reports.
***Now Upgraded to Tableau Desktop v9***
This course helps you to master all the basics of Tableau Desktop software quickly and easily. It is aimed at anyone who wants to be able to use this award winning product to analyse and visualize data – both experts and non-experts.
The course is organised into 20 step by step lessons, with a duration of three hours in total.
It covers all the major components and functions of the software, with all the steps needed to build data visualizations and publish dashboards.
Lessons include supplementary notes and we’ve also added in some quizzes to check and reinforce key information.
We’re sure this course will give you the know-how and confidence to be able to use Tableau Desktop in your projects and create some amazing and insightful data visualizations and dashboards.
Who this course is for:
- This course is aimed at data analysts or people just interested in working with data and data visualizations. No programming or statistical knowledge is needed.
- This course is not for you if you’re already working with Tableau.
Direct Download [527 MB]