Thesis 2.0 is DIY Theme Framework for faster website and theme development. It is not just for faster development but is also fastest to load in comparison to other theme frameworks. Thesis is designed mainly to be used for blog and magazine themes, however, you can push it forward if you really want to. It is not as customizable and complex as Canvas Theme Framework but no everyone needs fancy features that no one will use.
Thesis is one of the most popular theme frameworks and is used for thousands of top bloggers. It has this special aura that makes bloggers to choose this framework and then stick with it along the way.
- Boxes – boxes allows you to control anything around Thesis without a need to write your own code. These boxes includes AWeber and MailChimp subscription boxes than can be further optimized via simple Drag & Drop interface. Another major part of these Boxes are various social media icons that can be used in different style.
- Skins – Skins are by far the best thing about Thesis DIY theme framework. This gives you a full control about your website structure, functionality, colors and other crucial details. It is intuitive web interface that leaves no place for doubt to what you will get as a result.
- Site Tools – These tools covers practically every aspect around basic things such as 404 page, analytics, Google Webmaster Tools, Google Plus ownership verification and other.
- Simplicity – Like any tool it has some learning curve but Thesis have done an incredible job to minimize it. You can achieve literally everything via their web interface. Thesis have improved a way to write your own custom CSS by prvingin with lists of divs so you don’t get lost in the code.
- Responsive – While there are plenty of options that can be tweaked, Thesis will do everything to keep it responsive along the way. I will make your website to look awesome on any device such as iPhone or iPad.
- Developer friendly – If there is something you can’t done via Drag & Drop you can get your hands dirty with Thesis Developer Tools. These Dev Tools gives you a full control over entire theme functionality.
- Bloggers – Thesis Theme Framework is built for Bloggers and most functions does reflect that. This framework puts content first and there is nothing you can’t do about it. This might disappoint those who are looking for extended CMS functionality. It is doable but it might be a better idea to look at Canas Theme Framework or other less blogging centric one.
Thesis WordPress Theme Framework will be perfect fit for bloggers who are looking for custom, responsive and minimalistic design. This theme framework gives a full control over every aspect of the website layout. Thesis will be a good fit for any developer who are looking to build blog, but might disappoint ones who are looking into CMS functionality. For CMS functionality I highly recommend to use Canvas Theme Framework.
Disclosure: This page contains external affiliate links that may result in us receiving a commission if you choose to purchase mentioned product. The opinions on this page are our own and we don’t receive additional bonus for positive reviews.