I have been teaching WordPress for around 15 years and recently asked a group of my students:
“What do you think is missing from most WordPress courses, that YOU feel all WordPress users need to know.”
This course is the result of that questionnaire.
This course does not teach you how to use WordPress. That much is assumed.
This course includes more information on :
- WordPress files on your server and how to access them with FTP or through cPanel.
- Child themes and how to create them.
- WordPress pages including parent-child relationships, page templates, template hierarchy, conditional statements, custom page templates, and custom post templates.
- Why redirects are important and how to use them successfully.
- HTTP to HTTPS conversion on web hosts that support Let’s Encrypt.
- Improving page load times by optimizing your site, and checking your site is mobile-friendly.
- Design stuff like Themes, Dynamic Widgets, Custom Sidebars, Jump Links, Page Builders & Favicons.
- The Media Library and image galleries.
- WordPress Users and roles.
- GDPR and how to ensure you are compliant.
- Autoresponders – how they work and why you should use them.
- Site Structure – how to create different types of the site with WordPress using the tools available within the Dashboard.
- CTR & Time on Site, and how to improve these by monitoring and tweaking.
- WordPress Problems and how to solve the majority of them quickly and easily.
- Developer Tools built into Google Chrome (& Firefox) to help examine the code behind your site, and tweak it.
By the end of this course, you will have a more complete toolset to create engaging, successful websites using WordPress.